[Dev-luatex] few font setup related questions

Igor Khomyakov igorkh at optonline.net
Tue Apr 24 10:11:46 CEST 2007

This sounds great. Thanks. I guess the True Type font support will be/
is similar, correct ?

Hans, also could you confirm/disaffirm that the following
(workaround) font setup will work w/ utf-8 input, roughly:

	- create multiple small ttf subsets and set them up using std pdftex
facilities (i.e. pdftex.map)
	- create large unicode-encoded virtual font that would refer to the
small real subfonts
	- no additional lua recode is needed as the unicode input would be
mapped directly to correct OVF slot by default (is this true?)
	- what happens to the unicode characters outside of 65K range ?

Thanks again. Looking forward to the sample.

Igor