[Dev-luatex] problem with loading Chinese Fonts.

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 15 09:05:17 CEST 2007

Sherry Zhang wrote:

> Now I test MinionPro-Regular.otf,  it works fine, so this method works.
> but I then test the AdobeSongStd-Light.otf, it reports:
>
> The 'size' feature of this font conforms too Adobe's early
> misinterpretation of the otf standard.
> Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
> Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
> Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
> Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
> Bad call to gww_iconv_open, neither arg is UCS4
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> so LuaTeX exit abnormally.

these are cid fonts ... this is curretly being worked on so later this
week ...

> btw, when loading the opentype or truetype fonts like the way I do,
> some TeX commands like  ---, ``, '', ff, ft, fft,ff,fi  does not work.
> Is there someting wrong?

luatex only provides a loader; ligatures can be handled by tex, in which
case you need to add the ligature info to the tfmtable; an other option
is to manipulate the node lists; for the tfm tabel think of ...

characters[slot('f')].ligatures = {
	[slot('i')] = {
		char = slot('fi'),
		type = 0