[Dev-luatex] beta 0.20.0 released

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Dec 6 09:23:13 CET 2007

Jonathan Sauer wrote:

> - What is planned between 2008 and 2010?

A really long vacation ;-)

> I'm afraid to ask: What about font expansion? ;-)

I will *try* to get back to this inbetween mplib work, as it is
really just a bug that it doesn't work. But I'm afraid to make
promises, as it turned out to be a lot more hairy then I expected
originally thought. Sorry about the false hope.

> Well, as soon as I have figured out how to correctly load OpenType
> fonts ... incidentally, that is an place the manual could use some
> work: Section 4.12.2 explains how to get a metrics table from an
> OpenType font -- but now, what this metrics table contains. That
> makes it quite difficult to convert it to a tfm font table.

There is a pretty long section on the fontforge font format, but
it has almost no explanatory text yet. I'll be working on that.