[Dev-luatex] LuaTeX dependencies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 9 02:56:20 CET 2007

      Probably the most serious problem was caused by Solaris' annoying
    /bin/sh, and---oh, yes!---/usr/bin/grep doesn't know about a '-q' switch
    (which is called by the pdfTeX-inherited build.sh at the top of the
    build tree),

Maybe this has already been fixed and I didn't see the mail, but FWIW,
looking at metapost's build.sh (which I'm guessing is similar :), I see:
if make -v 2>&1| grep -q "GNU Make"

Taco, grep -q just isn't portable.  Instead, just use redirection:
if make -v 2>&1| grep "GNU Make" >/dev/null

(Arthur or anyone, if there are such portability problems anywhere in
the TeX Live build, please tell me.)

karl