[Dev-luatex] beta 0.20.1 released

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 10 22:53:37 CET 2007

On Mo, 10 Dez 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> >	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ luatex/
> >	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ luatex/
> >
> >This release of luatex for Debian ships an improved texdoc written in
> >texlua by Frank Küster. Please report any strange things to
> >	debian-tex-maint at lists.debian.org
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but is it safe to use these sources for ubuntu gusty
> as well?

Safe for sure, but you have to check whether it compiles. It depends on
the version of libpoppler present in Ubuntu Gutsy.

For libpoppler 0.4.X (X <= 8) take the etch variant
For libpoppler 0.4.9 or 0.5.X you have to unpack the source package,
	change the debian/patches/series file to list the
	libpoppler-0.5 patch and comment the libpoppler-0.4 and -0.6
For libpoppler 0.6.X take the sid variant (available at the same
	location as the etch variant but with terminal
		luatex-sid
	instead of luatex)

Sorry for being of not so much help, but I don't have a gutsy around and
I never could find out which versions of Ubuntu ship which versions of
libraries.

Best wishes

Norbert

I'm going to have a look.'
He glanced round at the others.
`Is no one going to say, "No you can't possibly, let me go
instead"?'
They all shook their heads.
`Oh well.'
                 --- Ford attempting to be heroic whilst being seiged by
                 --- Shooty and Bangbang.