[Dev-luatex] .BEILMOPS or how I stopped worrying and love Open Source

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Dec 11 11:13:39 CET 2007

Jonathan Sauer wrote:

> I'm sorry, I forgot to note that for "weird.tex" to run with luaktex,
> all primitives have to be prefixed with ":":

Ok, it runs fine now using your format. Better than expected, actually:
with my latest local executable I get the correct output (no bug):

[1 = elem  2 = sep  3 = elem  4 = sep  ]
00: call -> 2
01: jmp -> 51
02: opencapture table(n = 0) (0)
03: call -> 10
04: choice -> 8 (0)
05: call -> 41
06: call -> 10
07: partial_commit -> 5
08: closecapture close(n = 0) (0)
09: ret
10: span [(09-0a)(20)]
19: opencapture simple(n = 0) (0)
20: choice -> 23 (0)
21: call -> 41
22: failtwice
23: any * 1
24: choice -> 30 (0)
25: choice -> 28 (0)
26: call -> 41
27: failtwice
28: any * 1
29: partial_commit -> 25
30: closecapture close(n = 0) (0)
31: span [(09-0a)(20)]
40: ret
41: set [(2c)(7b)(7d)]
50: ret
51: end

Perhaps the IMPOSSSIBLE. error was just a side-effect of another bug
that is already fixed (that is possible, and not even all that unlikely,
as there were some "uninitialized memory" errors in 0.20.0) or possibly
the behaviour depends on the used texmf.cnf and/or architecture (also
possible, but those would be bad).