[Dev-luatex] status (was: Cron <luatex at server> /home/luatex/luatex-svn)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jan 16 17:16:39 CET 2007

Hi again,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Be careful with this, this is the first half of the required patches
>> for pdftex 1.40.1, so compilation is broken right now.
>
> I have just checked the second half, but not tested anything yet
> except that I verified compilation is still broken :P
>
> A massive amount of work this turned out to be, I believe the
> changes between each of the pdftex release candidates were
> actually larger than the changes in the beta releases.
>
> Hopefully, it will all compile nicely by tomorrow afternoon.

Luatex compiles OK now, and it seems not extremely broken.
That is to say: I tried a few old files, and they appear OK.
After staring at diff files for days on end, I am almost
certain that there will be copy&paste bugs, but I have not
found any yet.

For unknown reasons, that strange error that generated wrong
"output written on" messages is now gone, so it could be that
that was simply a pdftex error that was solved sometime between
the pdftex-1.40.0-beta-20060814 and pdftex-1.40.1.

There is no real news besides a new date in the version string.

Best, Taco