[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20070126

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jan 26 19:27:54 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have just released snapshot 20070126.

It is yet another version with not that many changes. Most
important news:

* Underscores in pascal identifiers are now retained.

   This took quite a bit of work. The web2c conversion tools
   needed only small adjustments, but most of the existing C
   code depended on the removal of the underscores. I had to
   go through changing many lines. 99% of all identifiers are
   now written the same on the pascal side as on the C side.
   This makes writing interface code quite a bit less confusing.

   Not everything is completely clean yet, because I did
   not want to change the web2c-specific C files. I often
   took the other approach and removed the underscores
   from the web2c options (like 'parsefirstlinep') in the
   change file instead. Ugly, but predictable.

   There is about a dozen or so of #defines left, that map
	memoryword -> memory_word
         strpool    -> str_pool
   etc.

* The virtual font parsing and interpreting is now done in C.
   (this is because it needs to be interfaced with the lua-based
   font loader)

* I am in the process of merging: the VF stuff; the TFM stuff;
   the lua font loading; and the pdftex font backend into one
   interface, so there were some smallish changes relating to
   that as well. Nothing worth mentioning just yet except that
   luatex now will read "ovf" files as well as "vf" files.

* There are a few really small bugfixes for bug reports I received
   on this list and by email.

Best, Taco

-----

Downloading and installation details:

If you go to

     https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

you will see that there are three new released files:

* luatex-snapshot-20070126.tar.bz2
     This is the source tree.

* luatex-snapshot-20070126-win32.zip
     A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
     based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
     work if you have only miktex installed).

* luatex-snapshot-20070126-linux-i386.tar.bz2
     An intel 32 linux binary (linux 2.6.17, libc 2.3.5)