[Dev-luatex] Noobie question

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Jun 23 13:26:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

I guess this is really a basic question: I tried to compile luatex
under OSX, this works, but I get the following error:

   * Error: The main texmf tree was not found.                     *
   * Use the --datadir option to specify its parent directory.     *
   * If you do not have the files, you should be able to them from *
   * the same place you got these sources from, or from one of the *
   * CTAN hosts.                                                   *

Regardless of this message, it still compiles. However, when I try to
typeset the manual, I get the following fatal error:
I can't find the format file `/Users/simi/Desktop/luatex-
snapshot-20070622/build/texk/web2c/luatex.fmt'!

luatex.fmt is nowhere on my system. Should this be part of the
snapshot or is this something I should build myself?

TIA

simon

--
Dr. des. Simon Spiegel
EDV-Koordinator

Seminar für Filmwissenschaft
Plattenstrasse 54
CH-8032 Zürich
+41 44 634 35 37
www.film.unizh.ch

Büro: Wilfriedstrasse 6, Raum 006, +41 44 634 35 06