[Dev-luatex] Snapshot 20070307

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Mar 7 12:31:43 CET 2007

Hi all,

I decided to do a snapshot now instead of waiting for friday,
because I want to start concentrating on something else besides
font support issues.

What's new:

* Non-CID PostScript-based Opentype fonts are now combined over
   the entire document, and properly subsetted. The code is
   borrowed from xdvipdfmx with some minor adjustments

   Adding support for CID-keyed OpenType fonts would not be hard
   but at the moment I lack example input (and incentive).

* A small extension to the virtual fonts structure: you can use

     f.fonts[1] = { 'id' = 38}

   to do a backreference to a previously defined font. This saves quite
   a few computations

* There was a bug in the handling of \leaders in the output whereby
   it's width was taken to be twice what it should be while writing
   to the PDF, fixed now.

* The font inclusion code is cleaned up a bit by Hartmut.

* Some compilation problems were fixed.

* There is (quite a bit of) debugging information printed out when
   OTPs are in use, because I am tracking down a bug reported by Idris.

   The input of each and every OTP step is shown on the terminal in
   a line line this:

     [57902][1568][58423][1568][58408][1568][58921]

   those are the decimal values of ocp i/o characters. If you don't
   need them, don't worry about it.

Happy TeXing,

Taco

-----

Downloading and installation details:

If you go to

        https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

you will see that there are three new released files:

* luatex-snapshot-20070307.tar.bz2
        This is the source tree.

* luatex-snapshot-20070307-win32.zip
        A cross-compiled (mingw) windows binary. This is a web2c
        based binary, so it needs a texmf.cnf file (It will NOT
        work if you have only miktex installed).

* luatex-snapshot-20070307-linux-i386.tar.bz2
        An intel 32 linux binary (2.6.17)