[Dev-luatex] Some questions

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Tue Sep 18 11:36:53 CEST 2007

Hello,

trying out the LuaTeX snapshot 20070820, I have a couple of questions:

- Is it safe to add to the LuaTeX library tables (tex, callback), i.e.
  a callback.push function? Or should these support functions have
  their own table? ("callback_utils")

- How do I generate an error when inside Lua code? I could use
  tex.write("\\errmessage{...}"), but then the error would only be
  generated after the Lua code has finished executing, and after
  any TeX code created previously using tex.write et.al. has
  been executed.

- How do I access control sequences from Lua code? If I have a
  macro \test, how would I get the tokens of this macro when inside
  Lua? (without passing them from TeX) Is there a table tex.macro,
  just like the tex.count, tex.toks etc. tables?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan