[Dev-luatex] building luatex with external lua headers/libs

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Sep 27 16:05:10 CEST 2007

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Do, 27 Sep 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>> (5.1) libs/headers.
>> You can't, and shouldn't. I am not using a not-quite stock lua51.
>
> Ah, good to hear. So you did patch the lua51, too. I didn't know that.
> Thanks for pointing this out.

The main reason is that stock lua believes that all text files
use the native line ending. That is a big nono in TeX land, where
files are often transported to and fro (networked) machines.

> So I assume it is the same with the other luaXXXXX libs.

Yes, you are limited to just zziplib and the set of libraries that are
also used by pdftex (for now). The other stuff is either modified by me
or not really a dynamic library at all.