[Dev-luatex] hyphenating bug

Yue Wang yuleopen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:45:20 CEST 2008

Hi Taco and Hans

I was typesetting the manual of a software developed by me using
ConTeXt while the problem occurred.  I try to minimized the problem
and the result is attached.

luatex.pdf --- pdf produced by luatex 0.25.2

It seems luatex forgets to hyphenating capital words.
I am not sure whether it is a bug of LuaTeX or ConTeXt.
the output of pdftex 1.40.3 seems fine using the same output file
described below.

--input file
\starttext

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'',
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM,
DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS
IN THE SOFTWARE.

\stoptext

I hope my information helpful.

Yue Wang