[Dev-luatex] tex.currentgrouplevel

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Thu Aug 21 09:50:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

I created a small patch to add several internal parameters to the "tex"
table, among them \currentgrouplevel (the patch is based on the current
SVN trunk):

% diff --normal luatex.web.orig luatex.web
9829a9830,9831
> @!negative:boolean; { always false}
> @!q:halfword; { general purpose index}
9830a9833
>  negative:=false;
9844a9848
> last_item: @<Fetch an item in the current node, if appropriate@>;

I adapted this from procedure "scan_something_internal" and added
local variables until it compiled (ahem). "q" seems unproblematic,
"negative" is a parameter in "scan_something_internal", most likely to
handle expressions like "-\currentgrouplevel". As this is not used
when accessing the parameters from Lua, I set it to "false".

I only tested it with \currentgrouplevel, \eTeXversion, \pdflastobj,
\pdftexversion and \inputlineno; it seems to work.

Example:

%&luatex

\begingroup
\begingroup
\directlua0{texio.write_nl(tex.currentgrouplevel)}
\directlua0{texio.write_nl(tex.eTeXversion)}
\directlua0{texio.write_nl(tex.pdflastobj)}
\directlua0{texio.write_nl(tex.pdftexversion)}
\directlua0{texio.write_nl(tex.inputlineno)}
\endgroup
\endgroup

\bye

This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.29.0-2008082107 (Web2C 7.5.7)
(currentgrouplevel.tex
2
2
0
200
9 )
No pages of output.
Transcript written on currentgrouplevel.log.

Jonathan