[Dev-luatex] reimplementing various scripts in texlua

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jan 18 15:34:26 CET 2008

Hi Lua Gurus,

we are planning to reimplement various scripts which are at the core of
TeX Live (and many other TeX distributions) in texlua. I guess all of
you know what we are talking about:
	mktexlsr, updmap, fmtutil, mktexupd, mktexnam, ...

As a finger exercise in lua programming I started implementing mktexupd.
Ok, it is not perfect, but AFAIS it does the same as the shell scripts.

If one or more of you want to give a helping hand (much appreciated)
please take a look at the telxive-svn, trunk/Master/tlpkg/texlua:
      http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/texlua/
and send me scripts, or check them in yourself, or just go over the
scripts and fix bugs, etc etc. Any help is appreciated.

Not that I say we will get these scripts running by TL2008, but for
TL2009 it would be nice.

Best wishes

Norbert