[Dev-luatex] ecrm1000

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Thu Jul 24 15:32:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

> > I would think you would have to create a "define_font"-callback
> > to do the following:
> >
> > 1. Read the TFM file manually into a Lua table.
> > 2. Re-map the glyphs according to the font's encoding (T1 ...)
> >    to Unicode.
> > 3. Return the new table.
>
> Actually, point 1 should read "TFM fileS", because in LaTeX a font
> is in fact two tfm's. For example, a text in Latin script uses
> T1 (letters) and TS1 (symbols).

Well, that depends on the text ;-) Generally speaking, since font
encodings are a workaround for the 256 glyph limitation of tfm files,
most likely you will indeed combine several tfm files with different
encodings into a single font. Not just T1 and TS1, but also other
encodings.

> This is the way to go, it seems. But just for not reinventing the
> wheel, has someone worked on that?

Context has some tfm font loading code. I only use OpenType fonts.
Maybe you can use code from the LuaTeX wiki as a start:
<http://luatex.bluwiki.com/>

> Javier

Jonathan