[Dev-luatex] ecrm1000

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Jul 26 12:25:24 CEST 2008

Javier Bezos wrote:
> I think this question has popped up before, but I couldn't find
> it. When I try to typeset any LaTeX document with the default T1
> fonts, I get the following error:
>
> ! Font \T1/cmr/m/n/10=ecrm1000 at 10pt not loadable: metric data
> not found or bad.
>
> LuaTeX finds the file (as kpse.find_file shows) and in fact
> it should find it, because I have a copy in the local directory.

This is simply a bug in the TFM reader, somehow ecrm100.tfm
confuses it. I have to investigate further, but it should definately
run just like it used to in (pdf)tex.

Last night I got back from TUG2008 in Cork and I need to time to
get back up to speed with my email; answers to the rest of your
questions and the other emails  will follow over the next few days.