[Dev-luatex] Unicode in \pdfinfo

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jun 29 21:26:19 CEST 2008

David Kastrup wrote:
> Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> writes:

>>> this is a backend c.q macro package issue ... (btw this can also be done
>>>  in pdftex, but i never came to enabling the code in context because
>>> there was nothign to test)
>> I suspected that, since hyperrref with latex does this, but I found that
>> xetex supports Unicode pdfinfo directly and thought luatex should do
>> this too.
>
> Yes, hyperref with LaTeX does this, but I recommend looking at _how_ it
> does this.  It is another case of "code nobody but Heiko would come up
> with and very few people would be able to maintain".

there are two methods (afaik) ... either pushing utf16 in (strings) or
hexed utf16 in <strings>; doing that is not so much the problem
(pdfdocencoding is more troublesome); as usign with this kind of data
the biggest deal is to intercept / handle content that makes no sense in
bookmarks (math, tex commands, unexpanded stuff, etc)