[Dev-luatex] Luatex beta 0.28.0 released
taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 30 18:16:25 CEST 2008
I have just uploaded the archives for luatex 0.28.0, another
intermediate release leading up to TUG 2008. This release
matches SVN revision #1357.
There is one new feature:
There is now experimental support for non-trivial discretionaries
following explicit hyphens. In analogy to \prehyphenchar and
\posthyphenchar, there are two new parameters \preexhyphenchar en
\postexhyphenchar. Both new parameters default to zero (nothing).
When set to a nonzero value, the parameter is added to either the
pre- or post- break text. Note that this is *in addition to* the
hyphen already in the input. Testing and comments are very welcome.
Here is a short example (no idea what is says):
Seria bom se eu
pudesse t\^e-lo mantido como amigo, mas por
mais bem-intencionado que eu fosse, n\~ao
Bugs fixed compared to 0.27.0:
* Words that started off with a character with a zero \lccode
were never hyphenated at all.
* There was a bug in the new active characters code that prevented
the latex format from being built (with Invalid character error).
* There is a temporary fix for the sometimes appearing "Font has a
bad FontBB" message from Acrobat.
* \leaders did not actually stretch enough (the last bit of glue
that has to line up the line endings was never output to the PDF).
* Bad paragraph-related callbacks could result in luatex crashing.
* The pre_linebreak and post_linebreak filters were never called
when \output was active (this was a leftover of a superceded
* 'skipping' language codes when setting up \patterns c.s. did not
work (it used the next empty slot instead of the actual value of
* Using multiple 'attr' keywords on box items could cause random
* Calling lang.hyphenate() with one argument (without specifying a
tail node) could crash.
* The luatex pdf banner and version reporting is cleaned up a bit.
* Conflicting patterns inside \patterns now give an error:
! Conflicting pattern ignored.
(duplicate identical patterns are ignored without error).
The archives (source and binaries) can be downloaded from supelec,
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-luatex