[Dev-luatex] compile flags in luatex

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Mon Mar 24 16:55:43 CET 2008

2008/3/23, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de>:
> TL is currently broken because of the new TeX and aleph & omega &
>  xetex, so I'm stuck. :-(

r7124 has a first import, but compilation is disabled (to enable it,
remove the string #LUATEX from web2c/Makefile.in). I've stopped
because Taco changed the signature of convert from 3 parameters to 4
and I don't want to introduce that change to web2c; I leave that to
Karl (and Taco is offline). If enabled compilation currently fails
when converting luatangle:

srcdir=../../../texk/web2c /bin/sh ../../../texk/web2c/web2c/convert luatangle
syntax error: Last token = 290 ("), error buffer = `LUATANGLEHELP',
        last id = `LUATANGLEHELP' (not in symbol table).
../../../texk/web2c/web2c/convert: conversion of luatangle.p failed,
moving dregs:
../../../texk/web2c/web2c/convert:   mv luatangle.c luatangle.h /tmp
make[2]: *** [luatangle.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/trunk/Build/source/Work/texk/web2c'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/trunk/Build/source/Work/texk'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Even if building of luatex will succeed once, we still need additional
work:
- the top-level configure needs a --without-luatex switch
- the libs probably need some configure work
- and Taco has spent quite some time in making cross-compilation of
  luatex work. The changes for that might clash with the TL
  "framework"

Best
   Martin