[Dev-luatex] A few idle questions...

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed May 7 14:50:30 CEST 2008

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Yes, that is the kind of thing I had been thinking of.  Another is
>> output routine programming: a function
>> get_more_main_vertical_list_material_from_TeX would be quite handy in
>> some applications, and yielding to TeX until the next pass would seem to
>> make for some very straightforward and understandable programming.
>
> you can already use a callback to collect material that is added to
> the vertical lists

I don't understand.  What callback, and where is the material supposed
to originate?

What I was talking about is to let the normal TeX typesetting process
come up with more material.  Basically, not having to leave the current
Lua context/variables/control structures for the sake of getting more
material in the way "normal" for an output routine.

--
David Kastrup