[Dev-luatex] A few idle questions...

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed May 7 15:05:19 CEST 2008

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

>>> you can already use a callback to collect material that is added to
>>> the vertical lists
>>
>> I don't understand.  What callback, and where is the material supposed
>> to originate?
>
> vpack_filter
> buildpage_filter
>
> at that point you can save the list passed to the function and return
> nothing

I am afraid that is not useful for what I had in mind, since what I had
in mind requires actual typesetting, so I need to inject material into
TeX (unhboxing into vertical boxes, for example) and take a look at the
results.  I can reinject material into TeX while being caught in the
output routine, but the callback would not seem like a suitable context
for that.  Namely: I can't finish the job using just Lua.

I suppose I have to do my own experiments here, I just wanted to hear
about existing experiences and/or approaches.

--
David Kastrup