[Dev-luatex] "error" in LuaTeX and Lua

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu May 29 11:28:01 CEST 2008

Hi (especially Jonathan),

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Jonathan Sauer wrote:
>> Hello,

>>> Something like \directlua callback chunk {...} you mean?
>> Yes. Maybe \directlua cname {My chunk name} {...} (since it is the name
>> of the chunk, not specifically the name used in the callback/traceback).
>
> This idea is very interesting.  I have committed an experimental patch
> that extends \directlua syntax so that besides
>
>     \directlua <number> <general text>
>
> it also allows a keyword prefix:

> This allows you to do stuff like this:
>
>     \directlua name {\jobname-\the\inputlineno} 0 {error('test')}
>
> Because it is experimental, it only works for \directlua, not
> yet for \latelua.

I have just committed code that implements this same extension for
\latexlua (#1300). Some small tests seem to indicate it works,
but I have not been exhaustive so it would be nice if you could
do some tests as well.

That same commit also introduces a lua array named lua.instancename
that allows

   lua.instancename[0] = "scratch"

so that you can set a global default name for the lua instance.
Explicit chunk names take precedence, of course.