[Dev-luatex] Making a Lua Package

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Fri Sep 26 17:01:24 CEST 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 05:44:20 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> idris might show a few more insights

In addition to Hans points:

Oriental TeX -- the "mother" or "midwife" of luatex -- is interested in
both Persian and Arabic (as well as other languages that require the
Arabic script).

At present we have a team in Iran that is helping us to move some of the
OTeX goals forward.

On the other hand, OTeX is definitely ConTeXt-centric.

Javier Bezos, I believe, is working on the luaTeX-LaTeX front, and he may
have more to say on that, assuming XePersian is LaTeX-centric.

Any suggestions from the XePersian team are of course most welcome!

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy