[Dev-luatex] Making a Lua Package

وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi vafa at live.com.au
Fri Sep 26 17:16:39 CEST 2008

good to hear that.

It is wonderful that you are collaborating with an Iranian team.

We will be in touch for sure. As the current status of XePersian, now we have written a package that allows a user to select a font and then all the digits in maths environments will be typeset in Farsi format in that specific font. I actually did this alone and to be honest maths fonts in LaTeX is a very complicated matter. It almost killed me. I hope that it is far easier in ConTeXt, so you do not have to put too much time and energy on it. Have you guys achieved that? and How did you find it?

Our updates ocures every three months. For next update, we are considering writing a Unicode editor, I mean the one that really is a bidirectional editor unlike many other unicode editors and also write a package for Persian hyphenation.

Cheers