[Dev-luatex] Making a Lua Package

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Fri Sep 26 19:09:17 CEST 2008

> Javier Bezos, I believe, is working on the luaTeX-LaTeX front, and he may
> have more to say on that, assuming XePersian is LaTeX-centric.

Yes, I am and I uploaded a very basic lua-inputenc to CTAN which
should be available soon, so that people can begin to test LuaTeX
more easily. I'm now working on a lua-fontenc. However, there is
a lot of work to be done, and even if I can base it on my previous
work on mem (for omega/aleph), luatex is based on soooo different
concepts I think things must be done from scratch. And I'm trying
to learn Lua as fast as I can :-) (I've got a copy of Beginning
Lua Programming, by Jung and Brown).

Javier