[Dev-luatex] Strange behaviour

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sun Feb 1 22:18:24 CET 2009

Hello,

here is an example of some behaviours I find quite strange... It is a
really short and simple example in plainTeX. It shows that if we have
set \localleftbox or \localrightbox once, every line will have two more
(empty) nodes. I think this behaviour is quite uncoherent, because
packages (like GregorioTeX) set some \localleftbox and \localrightbox
and then unsets them, so if someone wants to count the nodes of a line,
this result will depend if he has a score in his document or not, even
if he counts the nodes of a line that has nothing to do with a score...
I think it would be better if these empty nodes were suppressed...

The other behaviour I find strange is that an attribute on a node can be
both 1 and -1... It's just a curiosity, as the good way to test if an
attribute exists is (I think) to call node.has_attribute with only two
arguments. Also, is there a way to get the value of an attribute on a
node by doing something else than testing some?

Thank you in advance,
--
Elie