[Dev-luatex] \pdfannot in TRT direction

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Jul 2 21:55:00 CEST 2009

PDF annotations are not placed correctly in TRT directions (and I guess
other directions as well), I tried to track this issue and apparently
directions are not taken into account when doing do_annot() in
pdflistout.c.

The attached patch is quick hack, it does work to some degree, but I
don't really understand how PDF annotations are supposed to work, and
the result in vertical mode is not right yet.

Also, if I didn't set page and body direction, the vlist example will
ignore the direction change completely (is this related to the other
text direction in vertical mode issue?)

Regards,
 Khaled

--