[Dev-luatex] REQ: Please tell comp.text.tex why LuaTeX chose embed rather than extend.

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Mon May 25 18:34:37 CEST 2009

Dear Hans

You wrote:
> end of thread ... second attempt: you asked us what it is embed or
> extend and by now it should be clear that we're not going to make a
> choice that makes you happy (and haunts us the coming years)

I do not wish to argue with you.  Arguments are unproductive (although
sometimes difficult to avoid).  I apologise for anything I've said that
might have taken us from discussion and into argument.

You and I disagree on the relative merits of embed and extend, and also
on the importance of providing typesetting as a service.

These questions are of great importance to our community.  Perhaps one
day soon, and perhaps somewhere else, we will have a productive
discussion about them.

Reluctantly, I agree with you that this discussion will not take place
here and now.

with best regards

Jonathan