[Dev-luatex] luatex 0.60 literate progamming options

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Feb 8 10:40:13 CET 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Here is the list of serious candidates (in my current opinion):
>
> * Cweb    http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/cweb.html
> * Doxygen http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
> * Noweb   http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/

Hi Taco,

from my point of view Cweb/Noweb generate C code (as do flex and bison),
whereas Doxygen uses (annotated) C code to generate documentation. Thus they
fall into quite different categories.

Cweb is special because it is built as part of TL, but otherwise probably
much like Noweb. Flex/bison are special because they are directly supported
by Automake. Cweb is supported in the TL build system via a shell script
that handles all issues for parallel make, but still needs special build
rules -- Noweb could be handled in a similar way.