[Dev-luatex] luatex 0.60 literate progamming options

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sun Feb 21 14:55:40 CET 2010

2010/2/21 Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
> Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
>>  From the build system side, I'd think normal users (i.e., people building
>> TL or just luaTeX) should not be required to have either Noweb or Doxygen,
>> as they are not required to have Autoconf, Automake, Flex, or Bison.
>
> On that note (and lacking other discussion input), I move we go with
> Cweb.

Sorry for my silence. Peter's assumption for Oxygen is false: It
augments the source code, so the only people who would be required to
have it would be those who want to build the documentation. And I
believe it does many things CWeb doesn't (e.g. diagrams, HTML
documentation, ...).

One major problem I have with systems like CWEB is that they need tool
support (e.g. in the debugger), as the code the compiler sees isn't
the one the programmer edits.

Best
   Martin