[Dev-luatex] svn revision ids

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Feb 21 16:56:14 CET 2010

Hi,

As of revision 3436, luatex once again reports a svn revision id
in the banner when it has been built on a system with a working
'svn' command. The script that fetches the number is based on
an idea of Reinhard Kotucha, and uses 'svn info URL' to get the
number.

The script is source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/getluatexsvnrevision.sh,
and it is currently run from build.sh and from the tools/luatextag
script. The latter is used to create the source tarballs.

I am curious how it works out for other people, as it is quite
possible that I made a thinking error yet again.