[Dev-luatex] svn revision ids

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 22 09:00:22 CET 2010

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 21 February 2010 Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>  > Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>  > >
>  > > To make matters worse, 'svnversion' has a bad habit of returning
>  > > something that is not a number at all, so it has to be parsed.
>  >
>  > Now committed #3439. This is based on svnversion with a sed
>  > command to strip unwanted info and a preceding 'svn up' to
>  > make sure that svn agrees with itself.
>
> There is one difference to the former script, though.  Because no
> directory is specified, the revision number you get is the highest one
> of the whole repository.  This means that it is increased also if you
> don't change anything in the source tree but update trunk/manual.

Right. I fixed this a little bit differently, though.
getluatexsvnversion.sh now assumes it is run inside source/, so it
has "svnversion -c .", and build.sh does

   (cd source; ./texk/web2c/luatexdir/getluatexsvnversion.sh )

I did it like this because I cannot test relative paths in build.sh
myself (and those build.sh files have had those relative paths
since day one, also in pdftex)