[Dev-luatex] md5.sum

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jan 19 12:12:07 CET 2010

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> The MD5 stuff is not essential in my script, but I'd like to use it
> whenever possible.  Currently it's commented out.

Aditya's solution for the md5 stuff looked pretty smart, especially
since datestamp is not very reliable (it gives a compilation time
but says nothing about the revision that is used).

> luatex provides some TeX primitives:
>
>   \luatexversion
>   \luatexrevision
>   \luatexdatestamp

There is some useful stuff:

   print (status.luatex_version, type(status.luatex_version))
   print (status.luatex_revision, type(status.luatex_revision))
   print (status.banner, type(status.banner))

Gives:

   50      number
   0       string
   This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2010011912  string