[Dev-luatex] bug in os.execute?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 8 17:07:24 CEST 2010

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 16:49, Elie Roux wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm playing with LuaTeX and I found a very strange behaviour that you can
>> reproduce with the following steps:
>>
>> - compile tetest.c (it's just a tiny program writing utf8 in a file with
>> wide characters)
>> - 'texlua tetest.lua' (it executes the program and outputs the file)
>> - 'lua tetest.lua'
>> - compare...
>>
>> Is there a way for texlua to behave like lua in this case?

I don't think this is a bug, it is documented behavior (p 33 of the manual):

In stock Lua, many things depend on the current locale. In LuaTEX, we
can't do that, because it makes
documents unportable. While LuaTEX is running if forces the following
locale settings:
LC_CTYPE=C
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_NUMERIC=C