[Dev-luatex] Problems with luatextra, luaotfload etc

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sat Jun 12 19:33:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

> ! LuaTeX error <\directlua >:1: Expected an array of names as second argument
> stack traceback:
>        [C]: in function 'enableprimitives'
>        <\directlua >:1: in main chunk.
> \luatexbase at ensure@primitive ...s('luatex', '#1')}
>                                                  \fi
> l.82 \luatexbase at ensure@primitive{luaescapestring}

This looks like an error in luatexbase-compat.sty to me, but I feel like I've forgotten all about TeX macro programming.:

\luatexbase at directlua{tex.enableprimitives('luatex', '#1')}}

and

\luatexbase at ensure@primitive{luaescapestring}

The message is, that the second arg to enableprimitives must be an array, but the expansion of

\luatexbase at ensure@primitive{luaescapestring}

is something like

tex.enableprimitives('luatex', 'luaescapestring')

which does not look like an array (but an error) to me.

Patrick