[Dev-luatex] [***SPAM***] Re: [***SPAM***] Traversing node list structures

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 19:40:13 CET 2010

Thanks Hans.

Sure, I've been doing this to generate the GraphViz
diagrams etc plus hooking into various callbacks etc.
What I don't yet quite understand is the correct navigation or
link path to follow through the node structures and the best way to
access or calculate glue (set) values for things like skip between words.

All this reflects my currently hazy understanding of the
liks + connections in the node graph.

For example, see the attached PDF of the graph arising from
a saimple example:

\setbox0\vbox{Hello to Lua\TeX\  and another \vbox {here}}

Even with this simple example the node traversal
to render in the right order seems quite complex.

Eg the TeX bit --- looping through the correct path
to get the glyph order "TEX"

For sure, you can work it out by following the
graph, but what I'm interested to know is what the
general case traversal algorithm would look like?

Apologies for these fuzzy questions but this is
early days for me with node traversal :-)

Warm wishes

Graham