[Dev-luatex] pdftexversion, OmegaVersion etc.

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Tue Nov 30 00:09:37 CET 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:49:32 -0700, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
wrote:

> I was wondering, since luatex is not a direct replacement of pdftex,
> omega or aleph, what is the point of having such primitives? Wouldn't it
> be more cleaner of they are removed or is there any use for them?

It may be that Yannis and other omega users still need them. luatex used
be a direct replacement for aleph (well, almost), so that with little mods
one could run an aleph file once upon a time....

But it may be best to see if there are any omega or aleph users on this
list who need the primitives etc...

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shiʿi Studies