[Dev-luatex] colors, colorstack

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Fri Oct 15 21:41:41 CEST 2010

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> I am thinking about adding a colorstack whatsit at both sides of my
> nodelist. You would rather user pdfliteral whatsits and set the color
> by hand?

You can use also pdfliteral node, or (if you make some list processing
anyway) a user whatsit node (8, 44), or (which I personally prefer)
latelua node. I use latelua nodes for all graphic-related purposes,
because it allows me to represent graphic properties by lua-objects
(rather then fixed strings) and operate on them by lua-programs.

I read from your answer that I can run into problems with
> page breaks, true?

For the page breaking mechanism all those whatsits are the same. The
advangage of pdfcolorstack mechanism is that it inserts the whatsits
automatically on page breaks which results in passing a graphic state
from one page to another, which otherwise is not strightforward in pure
(pdf)tex. But if i understood correctly you work with the page node list
already, so you can insert nearly anything anywhere ;) So here i see no
advantage of using pdfcolorstack nodes over pdfliteral nodes (or latelua
nodes).

--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl