[Dev-luatex] colors, colorstack

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Oct 16 09:00:38 CEST 2010

On 10/15/2010 08:56 PM, Paweł Jackowski wrote:

>>> It should make no difference if you do it at the tex end of lua end,
>>> apart maybe from assumptions with respect to the whatsit ending up
>>> before end-of-par glue or after begin-of-par indentation and dir boxes
>>
>> Good point, thanks.

>>> I never used color stacks but I assume that tex.pdfcolorstackinit
>>> works ok then
>>
>> Couldn't find that one. Not-yet-implemented-error?

Yes, NYI. Scanning the arguments of \pdfcolorstackinit is non-trivial,
and besides, it would make more sense for lua to access the actual stack
instead of faking the primitive syntax.

> IMO pdfcolorstack is weak and I think it makes sense to follow this way,
> at least not in luatex.

I am not sure, there is some advantage to the simple interface offered
by pdfcolorstack. Well, maybe not in Patrick's case, as he does complex
node processing anyway, but for the general user I assume a lua
interface to the color stacks will be easier to handle than mucking
about with node lists.