[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at boekplan> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Sep 5 17:10:37 CEST 2010

> Since we are using different hyphenation patterns anyway

  Not really, apart for German, for which patterns are being actively
updated and tested.  For most of the other languages we still use
patterns that are sometimes several decades old, and not really
maintained by anyone.  The only difference between UTF-8 TeX engines and
8-bit engines is that for the latter ones, the patterns are converted to
an appropriate 8-bit encoding on the fly, with the additional difference
that LuaTeX can load patterns on demand during each run, but it still
uses the same patterns.

	Arthur