[Dev-luatex] Compiling LuaTeX on Windows

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Fri Sep 10 11:29:34 CEST 2010

luigi scarso wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Graham Douglas
> <graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk> wrote:
>> luigi scarso wrote:
> Thank you Graham. I have found the mingw installer
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20100831/mingw-get-inst-20100831.exe/download

I build luatex under windows for quite some time, but so far it never
happened, that the installer provided by mingw + msys just worked :)
Most of problems I found was related to make (ie. in previous versions
both mingw and msys provided make version 3.81, both printed exactly the
same version message, but in fact they worked _completely_ different).
But once I finally found the proper one, it was enough to hit

	sh build.sh
	sh build.sh --make

(plus strip ...\luatex.exe at the end) Personally I've learned to
dislike shells provided by msys as they to some magic I don't understand
(simulates fstab mounting etc.).

Thanks for this link, it looks promising (at least it takes care about
basic utils and installs a fresh GCC version).

--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl