[Dev-luatex] Compiling LuaTeX on Windows

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Fri Sep 10 12:13:03 CEST 2010

I just made a test on clean environment and did the following:

-- installed mingw-get-inst-20100831.exe
-- installed MSYS-1.0.11
(both from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files)

When msys installer asked me for postinstall I said NO.
Since there are no conflicts, I've copied both into the same root C:\GNU
and added C:\GNU\bin to path. I've checked that no other things are
present in PATH to be sure that those two (mingw + msys) are enough.
Then started a full luatex build (svn trunk) with

	sh build.sh

Works fine.

I have also copied the entire directory to another machine (without
installing mingw or msys) to be sure that installers do not perform some
hidden preconfiguration. They doesn't. So having mingw + msys files tree
and adding binaries to PATH is enough.
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl