[Dev-luatex] HarfBuzz [slightly off-topic]

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Feb 2 10:19:49 CET 2011

Just to clarify what I mean:

> If LuaTeX does not open up, there will be a risk of forks. There is already a LuaTeX fork with an xml parser built in. I can understand the reluctance of the LuaTeX team to include unnecessary modules[...]

with that I mean a) the technical base of loading modules and b) the community to jump in and provide bindings which will be packed in a distribution. I can see (and I agree) why additional libraries are not hard coded into the luatex core. So I didn't want to criticize the LuaTeX team in any way and if I did, I apologize.

Patrick