[Dev-luatex] letterspacing and (no) ligatures

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Feb 10 13:36:22 CET 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Robert wrote:

> * in pdftex, \letterspacefont does not disable the ligatures, but this is what happens in luatex.

IMO that's a desireable behaviour, not a bug. See Bringhurst, Oliver Simon's _Introduction to Typography_ &c.

A control to turn it off or on (defaulting to disabling the ligatures) would be okay, but I've had to put a lot of effort into turning off ligatures when letterspacing and it's a pain.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer