[Foxet] typescript definitions

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 24 10:38:32 CET 2004

Adam Lindsay wrote:

>>     [\XMLval{fox:dtf}{\XMLop\foxclass}{\XMLop\foxclass}]
>

> Okay, I'll admit that here it makes no sense to me. I'm guessing that
> fox:dtf is the namespace for these mappings, but I don't see how "serif"
> or "sans" (contained in \foxfamily) gets input into that mapping!

\XMLop{tagname} is a shortcut for \XMLpar{tagname}{attriname}{}

so, \XMLval{namespace}{\foxfamily}{defaultvalue} expands to sans/serif/mono ...
and gets remapped onto ss/rm/tt etc

> Thanks again. I still don't get the mapping, though!

Well, take a look at the x-fo module and you'll see lots of it.

\mapXMLvalue{people}{adam}{eve}

\XMLval{people}{adam} {dunno} -> eve
\XMLval{people}{bruce}{dunno} -> dunno