[Foxet] minimal install steps for foXet ?

Michael Smith smith at xml-doc.org
Mon Nov 22 12:15:32 CET 2004

Hello,

What are the minimal set of steps necessary to get a working
environment set up for generating PDF output using foXet?

I am a member of the DocBook project at Sourceforge, working on
the DocBook XSL stylesheets. I have just installed a ConTeXt
environment from zip files at http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/

I ran texexec on a test FO file generated by the DocBook XSL
stylesheets and managed to sucessfully generate a PDF file -

  http://sideshowbarker.net/docs/xmlcatalog-man.pdf

But I got some errors while generating it and also some artifacts
in the output. For example, if you look at the PDF above, you will
see that it contains a literal "sa *" at top & bottom of page 3.

I think that's because I got this error when generating it:

  ! Font ¥**¥definedfont**=nullfont at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.

The full log is at:

  http://sideshowbarker.net/docs/xmlcatalog-man.log

So I think I missed a stemp or botched something when I installed
ConTeXt. I'd like to make sure I have my ConTeXt environment
configured correctly, and then re-run the test and see what I get.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

  --Mike