[Foxet] minimal install steps for foXet ?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 16:38:34 CET 2004

Michael Smith wrote:

>One problem I've noticed: If I have the string "--" in my FO
>source, one of the dashes gets gobbled and only a single dash
>shows up in output.

this is because most TeX fonts treat "--" as a ligature for an en-dash,
and you cannot stop ligatures easily in the macros. I get around
this by having locally-hacked TeX font metrics, but thats an extreme
measure!

the -- tends to occur in typewriter contexts; is it okay there?

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk