[Foxet] minimal install steps for foXet ?

Michael Smith smith at xml-doc.org
Mon Nov 22 18:02:52 CET 2004

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> attached is a quick patch, put this in tex/context/base (kpsewhich
> unic-032.tex) and regenerate the format (vectors are preloaded)

Thanks. That did the trick -

And I have no idea what "vectors are preloaded" means :) But it
sounds cool -- like something Mr. Scott might say to Captain Kirk

(I'm not all tech-savvy, so please bear with me.)

> Is this zerowidthspace supposed to break?

Yes, I think so. Full Unicode name of &#x200B; is "ZERO WIDTH
guess implies that &#x200b; isn't no-break.

That said, I think the DocBook stylesheets should be generating a
&#xFEFF; here instead. And probably should be generating it
regardless of what FO->PDF engine it's destined for. I will
suggest it to the other developers in the project. If they agree,
I'll probably be changing it to &#xFEFF; instead.

Because I can't think of any cases where anybody would want a
break in the middle of "--"

> >Also, does foXet support generation of PDF bookmarks yet?
> all that stuff will be added, the underlying engine can do all that
> trickery already

Cool. Looking forward to it.