[Foxet] fonts again

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 4 14:17:32 CEST 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:32 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> the problem is that there is no way to determine what fonts are
> available on a system, so when you use fallbacks, at least you need to
> tell foxet what platform it runs on;

You mean there's no way for foxet to determine what fonts are
available, so it needs to basically guess?

This system works fine with web browsers, of course.

> btw, rich typography sounds funny in combination with fo, although ...
> in foxet you can have hanging punctuation, hz, etc -)

By rich typography, I mean, I can nicely typeset opentype fonts,
including access to features like small caps, old-style figures, etc.

Life is too short for me to spend ages learning the intricacies of
ConTeXt.  I really don't have the time.

Bruce